Friday, October 1, 2010

Which Side Are You On?

I contend that there are no sides, only false differentials created to divide reasonable people.

Who objects to the following?

*  Low Taxes
*  Balanced Budget
*  Strong Defense
*  Equality Under The Law
*  Some Social Safety Net
*  Personal Freedom
*  Capitalism With A Few Rules
*  Clean, Healthy Environment
*  Self Sufficient, Independent Of Foreign Interests

The poisonous discourse seems to be over a few explosive issues - all controlled by money and the media.  I don't object to a smart perspective that is the direct opposite of my perspective.  I do object to opinions rooted in either ignorance or stupidity.  I believe that the ensuing political battles to come will not be over the big ideas we all can agree on, but on the audacity of the stupid - suggesting hopelessly lugubrious solutions to serious, complex issues.  I don't object to Republican, Democrat, or Independent.  I object to stupidity and the recent rise in star quality fools.

2 comments: